We have been talking a lot about summer skincare on our social media profiles, offering hints and tips of how to care for your skin during the hot summer months. We find that many women do not really adjust their regiment going into the summer months. Yes, our skins do have inbuilt defence mechanisms but we can also make a few tweaks to help our skin fight the summer conditions, especially if we want to be out and about enjoying the lovely weather. If you have not had time to catch them over the last two weeks, we have put together quick and basic guide with tips on caring for skin over the summer.
- Sunscreen. Do not leave your house without applying sunscreen, pay special attention to your face and neck. Read the label to see how long the sunscreen will last for, and make sure you re- apply after a few hours depending on product label.
- Exfoliation is also very important in the summer months. We recommend some great home/kitchen products to make facials and masks that will help you remove those dead cells and post sunburn dead skin. Products like honey and oatmeal 2-3 times a week can help you achieve and maintain a glow.
- Hydration. This is one of the most basic but important skincare tips. Water! Water! Water! Choose less fizzy drinks and more water. Simple and easy choices like this over time will reflect on your skin.
- We can’t leave out fruits. Fruits packed with anti oxidants also aid your skin during the summer to withstand sunburn. No wonder they call them summer fruits. Munch on strawberries and blueberries.
- Try and keep your skin cool and well moisturised. You can do this in various ways, like wearing a sun hat or even splashing cold water on your face on hot days, to keeping your moisturisers in the fridge, so that when you apply it after cleansing at the end of the day its has a nice and cooling effect.
For more skincare info and tips, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Tag us in your favourite skincare tips for a retweet! JShare